Hey all! I don’t know about you, but lately I’ve got a mean case of the under-eye problems. If I don’t get proper sleep, the next day I resemble something like the man from Tales of the Crypt. Fine lines, sunken eyes, puffiness..I am blessed with it all. So it has become super important to me to at least try to look like I’ve gotten enough sleep. There are a few steps and tricks I’ve learned to take when I have to look rested in a pinch.
1. Drink lots of water. Hydrated skin is the most beautiful skin. Drink water when you wake up and continue to hydrate throughout the day.
2. Invest in a great eye cream or cooling eye patch. If you’ve got the right eye cream, it should tackle all of the above mentioned problems; fine lines, sunken eyes, puffiness, dark circles etc. The products I recommend below I have tried, and literally after SECONDS you can see the lines start to smooth over and bring some life back into the delicate skin. If you’ve got some extra time, an eye patch can be a great idea.
3. Drink coffee. The caffeine and antioxidants will bring life into your skin. Yaaay, coffee.
4. If an eye cream of any sort is really not in your budget, FREEZE SPOONS. Often I will take this step even before I apply my eye cream. Take 2 large spoons and throw them in the freezer for about 5 minutes, and then apply to the under-eye area until the spoons are room temperature. This will tighten and revive the skin. Repeat if necessary.
5. Ice cubes! This is a desperate and last-ditch effort. I actually did this the other day when I knew that I had to put a full face of makeup on for another wedding. I put ice cubes in a thin paper towel and gently dabbed them at my skin for about two minutes. If you can handle it, lay down and put the ice cubes directly on the skin for about 30 seconds.
6. Concealer, duh! An extra step that I find makes all the difference is applying a powder product to the skin just after applying concealer. This really sets in the makeup but will prevent the concealer from seeping into fine lines.
I hope these tips help!! Do you have any under-eye tricks up your sleeve? I want to hear them!