- 2 pieces Ezekial toast
- 1 Egg, 1/4 Cup Egg Whites
- Liquid Stevia
OK, so I know that technically Thursday is “recipe day”, but I just cannot hang on to this one any longer. Perhaps you’ve already seen my Instagram pic where I confess that I’ve been cheating on my waffles with French toast. Let me tell you, this affair is serious.
First, find a bowl big enough for a piece of toast to lay flat inside…
For my French toast I use Ezekial low-sodium sprouted grain bread. The healthier the bread, the better this breakfast! You can use your favorite, whether its gluten-free, paleo, or what have you.
1. Whisk 1 egg and about 1/4 cup egg whites in bowl.
2. Add 5 drops of liquid stevia (or throw in a packet of truvia, stevia, whatever you’ve got)
3. Flip toast over in mixture a few times to fully coat.
Grab a skillet, pan, or griddle and spray with non-stick spray. Heat at medium-medium/low.
5. Place toast on pan and let sit for about 45 seconds to 1 minute. Right before flipping over, sprinkle toast with cinnamon. If you’re looking to up your protein, you can sprinkle protein powder on as well! Also, you can kind of eye ball when the eggs on that side are cooked. Once flipped, cook that side for the same about of time. Voila.
Five simple steps. So damn delicious. Now comes the fun part. Toppings. I enjoy fruit, peanut butter, agave or coconut nectar, shredded coconut and Smart Balance butter on mine. Sometimes all at once. Actually almost always all at once. It’s brunch food without the guilt – what could be better?
Now who’s gonna take pics of their FT and send it to me? Please?!